How to get Datamolino working in your firm TODAY!
The manual data entry of purchase invoices and receipts slows down your firm. It takes up valuable time that you can better invest in other tasks. Wasted time ultimately stifles the growth of your firm. Datamolino helps you to increase efficiency and reduce costs by eliminating manual data entry where it can be automated. Now you can focus on your business and grow your firm. Datamolino takes care of your data entry needs.
How does it work?
Datamolino is a data capture service that learns to recognise the invoice/receipt templates used by your suppliers. We fingerprint documents to learn their templates and other specifics. The ‘learning’ happens every time you upload a document that we are not able to automatically recognise. A document that we have already “fingerprinted” will be processed by Datamolino within minutes. This means that after the initial learning phase your data capture is automated.
What data is captured?
Datamolino captures all data that you need for successful export into your cloud accounting. This includes the supplier name, invoice number, invoice dates, invoice or item description, and invoice figures.
Create a folder for each client that you manage and connect it to your cloud accounting provider (currently Xero and QuickBooks Online Sage One). You can also use folders for invoice archiving purposes only and export to Excel or CSV files.
Simplify workflow with email uploads
Each folder has a dedicated email address for file uploads. Ask your suppliers to Cc this address when sending you invoices. You can also use the email address when scanning documents. Most document scanners can be setup to send emails – scan your invoices and receipts directly to your Datamolino folder.
Learn more about email uploads.
You can invite other users to work on any of your folders. This comes handy when you need to collaborate with your clients or colleagues. You can also comment on individual invoices in case a document needs special attention.
Learn more about collaboration in Datamolino.
Teach Datamolino to read the invoices that you need to process
Upload invoices/receipts from recurring suppliers during your trial so we can fingerprint any documents that Datamolino does not yet recognise. We make a fingerprint usually within 1 business day. This will speed up your workflow once you start using Datamolino in your practice.
To achieve best results:
– ask suppliers to send you digital PDF invoices
– scan paper invoices with an office scanner in 300 DPI, black & white
– set your scanner to email the respective folder in Datamolino
– scan cash receipts with an office scanner
– if you wish to use a mobile scanner app, the best results can be achieved with the Evernote Scannable or CamScanner app
– review the captured data and pair it to your cloud accounting software (supplier contact and ledger account) then save the changes and click to export, move to the next document
Not everything can be achieved automagically
Due to its automated nature, there are some limitations to Datamolino:
– handwritten documents are processed manually on our end,
– handwriting and stamps too close to data that must be captured may interfere with the data capture process
– pictures from smartphones may not be captured correctly if the image is distorted or blurred
How to review and export the documents?
It is always a good idea to review the data that goes into your accounting system as there may be invoices that contain formal discrepancies. On some images, the OCR may not have captured some data correctly and you may want to quickly correct it before export.
Try this easy and fast workflow to implement Datamolino:
1. Go to document detail
2. Review data
3. Review/Create/Pair the supplier with the supplier contact (requires active connection to Xero or QuickBooks Online)
4. Review the ledger accounts pairing (requires active connection to Xero or QuickBooks Online)
5. Click SAVE
6. Click EXPORT
7. Click on the arrow in top right corner to review the next invoice
In the invoice list you will always see which documents are already in your cloud accounting.
You can also export your data in bulk and review it in your cloud accounting software. Datamolino’s invoice description extraction makes it easy to review..